
Rick T & me at Parc Güell (Gaudí)
Here we are, December already. Rick Treur is here to visit and it's all just so normal and fun to have a friend here, it makes me feel like I'm already home- in a small way. I just need to really get there now. The time has flown recently. I've been traveling every weekend- the last weekends go like this Valencia (I think I posted something about that one), then Zaragoza, then Sevilla, then Barcelona. This weekend Rick and I will go somewhere, don't know where yet.
The lights around little Lleida are all lit and the streets are bustling with people shopping and doing their chores for Nadal/Navidad (i.e. buying the latest "caganer") and it's cold out. Apparently it dumped around six inches of snow all over the pyrenees this past weekend, but not here in Lleida. It's been 6 years since it's snowed here. Most kids barely remember what snow is.
Rick and I are about to head out here soon to Carrefour- where they have more ingredients. We're cooking dinner tonight for the flatmates.
I'm listening to Christmas music right now and I like it. I'm ready to see my boyfriend, my family, my friends, my RCI team, my colleagues, my house, my Meijer on the corner of 28th & Kalamazoo, my bed, my friend Rick's new kitchen, the new gym at GRCHS, the breakfast restaurants in GR (and sushi restaurants), also the Christmas tree in my house! I am so excited.
Pray that I get everything done here before I come home, the pressure is mounting!

3 comments:
I have to say that I'm glad to see you with Rick at the top of the page instead of you with what's-his-name-senor-famous.
Can't wait to see you!
So fun to read your entries! Can you give me a site that I can figure out how to pronounce Catalan so I know how say "catagar"?
Also, some students want to know how you would say something equivalent to "high five" in Catalan and Castellano.
Cathy S.
Post a Comment