1.10.08

birthday package #3


Amy Amash!!!!!

Amy sent me what I royally miss: Trident gum.  mil gracias a mi amiga Amy por salvarme la vida sin chicle bueno.  She even wrote me a card in part Spanish.  That's what you call a friend.  Not only that, a product of GRCHS Spanish classes (represent!).

I should also mention that my sister Bethany sent me a card and translated each line into Spanish (another GRCHS grad, achem).

p.s. Amy, whatever method you used to send the package, it got delivered right to my doorstep!  What a cool thing!  Someone rang the puerta from the street and said "Melissa?" and I think that's the first time that has happened!  Sweet.  I live here.  Then he came up and gave me a present and I signed and we chatted like I do with any mailperson (non gender-specific) and suddenly I had another (unexpected) birthday present!  So much fun for a Wednesday.  It was almost as though it was a normal occurrence for me to receive packages from loved ones (it feels like that these days!)  

No comments: