4.11.08

Blog comments

La "boira" covering the Seu Vella on the way to school this morning.

I was told recently that people don't comment on blogs that are "too long."  So, this one is going to be short (a challenge for those of you who've never commented, but read it...)

It's cold in Lleida and there is this thing here very commonly known as "la boira" or "neblina" in Spanish...or "fog" in English.  Since Lleida is in the pre-pirineos (pre-pyrenees) we get all of the "boira" down here in the valley.  Apparently there will be a month that the sun will not be able to burn it away and we will live in constant "boira."

I think it started this morning.

People here say the only way to escape the gloom and doom of "la boira" is to get out of Lleida, and go where the sun shines.  It's just like Michigan in winter, right?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Melis,
I never commented before but I have read all your entries on your blog! Just thought I'd let you know :) LOve, Keke

bethanyjoy said...

You always wondered what it was like to touch the clouds we saw through airplane windows, right? Now you get to LIVE in a cloud. Whee.

(The word I had to type in for verification was "calingli" - sounds like a real word. The California dialect of English, perhaps? I dunno.)