10.11.08

treadmill

My walk to school in normal treadmill (speed 1-10, incline 1-10) terms goes like this:

Leave my piso/apartment/flat/what have you and turn right at speed of 5.  I'm late.

The next 4-6 minutes are still at speed 5, but now we're at an incline of 5.  Then there are 3-4 strenuous minutes of incline 10.  Not sure if the speed stays up at 5 during that part, but I try.

Then, the descent.  6-8 minutes of decline (incline 0 or less) and speed 6 if possible.

Just before arriving at school we level out to a 0 incline, speed of whatever I feel like I have left while blowing my nose, wiping wind-tears out of my eyes, and readjusting the weight of my bag, for the last 5 minutes.  Not mentioned previously: the "emergency stop" button gets pulled every time I have to wait to cross the street- which is only just when I leave my place, and just before arriving at UdL.

Arrival at Universitat de Lleida usually about 5 minutes "late"- just before the prof walks in- which would make it right on time.

No comments: