30.8.08
Demonstrations
Not the political kind, the “this is how you do it” kind. I went to buy a hairdryer today and the lady who works there pulls out two or three and talks and talks about them while she’s pulling them out of the box and next thing you know, she’s plugged it in and is blowing air in my direction so I could feel the force and how hot and cold it could go. So funny. She did this with two more and finally I could get a word in to ask how much they were! Has anyone ever had a hairdryer demonstration before? I can’t tell you how many times I just look at the box and read about it to see what that particular model is all about. Given, it was a hairdryer place- sort of a hair salon specialty supplies place, actually. All the hairdryers were salon quality- hence I didn’t buy one. They were all 30 euros or more ($40 plus). But I got the demo, so if I have any questions about any hairdryer ever, I think I know where to go! Instead, I bought a little water squirty bottle for 2 euros. I’ll use that more anyway. Hairdryers are for people who do their hair. I haven’t done my hair since I got here. It is short enough and easy enough that all I need to do is get the dents out anyway (a la squirt bottle!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I'm proud of you for not buying the hair dryer. I'm even more proud of you for not having to do your hair. Don't worry. I know you still look so good.
Post a Comment