23.8.08

I'm leaving tomorrow

Goodbye big front and back yards, goodbye everyone driving their own car, goodbye campaign commercials, goodbye America.

Hello no yards (but parks), hello public transportation (bus, train, metro), hello televised fútbol every hour of the day, hello Spain.

As of now, I'm planning on arriving in Madrid in the afternoon on Monday and finding a hostel or hotel somewhere near the train station.  The next day I'll take the AVE (super-fast train "alta velocidad Español") to Lleida - my new home.

I'm not certain what awaits me, but I think 2 Mexican roommates and 2 Catalanas.  Please pray for safety in travel and good connections!

2 comments:

David said...

Vas a manejar el viaje divinamente. Suerte con todo.

Un abrazo,
David

bethanyjoy said...

Speaking of campaign commercials, did you get (or are you going to get) a ballot so you can vote for Obama in a few months? Whoo-hoo...GObama!