8.9.08

BCN with Erasmus






We went to Barcelona at 7:45 am on Saturday morning and toured some government buildings and "THE" Roman pillars (4) that remain in BCN.  It was fun, aside from the tours.  I actually felt like I was part of the group I took to Spain last summer after the 5th tour they were on.  The guides are long-winded, the cars that drive by are loud, and the tour wasn't that ornate.  The whole time I thought about heading out the back and going to Parque Güell, but I didn't.  I endured.  There was one tour that the gal was saying that every thing was "noble" (same in English as in Spanish, conveniently).  So Christian and I started pointing out things that were "noble" the "ventana noble" and the "silla noble" and "las escaleras nobles" and on and on...

These outings serve as a great way to get to know the other erasmus (even though I'm a "movilidad" student- aka non-European Union) students.  We got there, stopped in a café before the first tour and had café amb llet (café con leche in Catalá) and then the tours began.  We also had a few hours free per la tarda to walk about.  Angela, Giampiero, Christian, and I walked las Ramblas and had a great time.   We got back to Lleida just in time to sopar (to eat dinner in Catala- kind of resembles "supper" (someone nudge Andy for me here, por favor)) and then head out for the WHOLE night.  It's been very busy.  I don't feel like I have much free time to update this anymore!


1 comment:

Christine said...

You're wearing cute shoes in the first picture - good job! My senora always got on my case because I would wear flip flips and she would tell me how ugly they were. She also weighed me...but that's another story...