Two things on my mind right now.
1) Wi-Fi. Everytime anyone says it over here, I laugh. It's just too funny. In America it sounds like "Why Fy" but over here all the "i" sounds are "ee"- hence "wee fee" It's just a little funny.
2) Classes. College. Here I go comparing everything to the U.S.A -which maybe I should just not do. I'm so used to Calvin and WMU that I figured everything would be the same, or similar at least. For example, I went to school and tried to buy my books and supplies...but there isn't a bookstore. They don't sell books for their courses at the university. So, today I went to class without anything. The class started and the professor explained that since most of the students were still on vacation (summer) and they'd probably come next week, that we wouldn't do anything this week. So, class this morning was 1/2 hour long and we don't have class tomorrow. The books for this literature course are all available at the "copistería" which is the copy center in the UdL and you ask for a certain class/certain professor and they hand you that class's folder. Then you look through the folder and select which copies you want. I got them all. I'm not used to not having EVERY single thing before the class starts. What's more, I'm used to the way we "hit the ground running" in courses...definitely not the "we'll see you next week and that's it for class today" mentality.
Then, I scoped out the room for my class in the afternoon and there was a note on the door that professor Tovar would be on vacation until next week, so class starts then.
Hence, I went to a class in the afternoon where there WAS a professor, just because I was ready to learn and there was no class for me! I might join that class. There are a lot of my fellow Erasmus student/friends in there and I need all the help I can get with "morfología y sintaxis diacrónicas"
In a café right now having a suc de taronja i pa amb tomaquet. (OJ and bread with tomato/oil/salt/cheese- typical to Lleida).
Happy birthday to Amy Amash and Joel Hollander (yesterday!)

No comments:
Post a Comment