Begonya is her name and she is wonderful and fun. I'm immensely enjoying the way she teaches and I especially love the new vocab and the funny sounds that come out of my mouth that are apparently correct.
Also, we just accepted a new flat mate named Zsuzsanna. She's from Finland. We'll meet her as soon as she calls. I love how she spells her name, so that must mean she's great.
Mercé is almost moved in. She has to work a few more days in her hometown (about an hour away) and then she'll be here for good. Can't wait. She's fun.
Christian and I found out that we can get bicycles FREE for the year for us to use (to get from campus to campus and home again can take 1.5 hours) just for being enrolled at UdL! So, we're working on paperwork for that. We also have to apply for our residency (within the month), and arrange for our bank accounts (more paperwork). If we want a bus pass (at student rate) there is more paperwork as well. At least we're in the same boat and have to arrange for it all together.
Today we went grocery shopping at Carrefour. WHAT A BLAST. Compared to all the other places I've been, this place had it all. I will go back. The butcher area is photo-worthy with all those octopi and whole fish with open mouths. We bought a weeks worth of food and lugged it to the bus stop, but luckily the bus came right at that moment, we got home, had a great lunch (he makes the food, I do the dishes. It's a great deal) and now I'm about to study some Catalan.
Hasta pronto.

2 comments:
whoa whoa whoa. how many roommates do you have? hundreds?
Are you going to forget how to drive?
Post a Comment