23.9.08

Winners



The winners for the day are...Kris Grek (and fam) and Becky Denham (and fam).  I got MAIL!!!  

I also got a card from my mom and five birthday cards from Fuller Ave CRC members yesterday b/c my mom put my address in the bulletin :)  

Checking the mailbox daily is my new favorite thing to do.  What fun.  Thanks for thinking of me, all of your who sent mail!  Beck also sent pictures, like I asked for for my birthday (to decorate my room)  Thanks!

The other picture is my certificate.  He apres a parlar en catalá :)  I go to my level 2 class tonight. I had to buy a workbook (23.75 euros) but I'm excited nonetheless.  From 7-9pm Tuesday-Thursday.  6 hours a week on top of everything else!  The good news is that the Catalan class ends in November, so it'll be done and exam taken before everything else really ramps up.

As for the weather here, rain rain rain.  My dear friend Tracer from RCI asked in an email today if "the rain in Spain stays mostly on the plain."  I'd have to answer that that's a bunch of bull.  This week Lleida, here in the Pre-Pyrenees, it's raining everyday.  The forecast says everyday until Friday (including yesterday).  So we're half way done with the rain for the week I suppose.  There was some MAJOR flooding in Madrid.  Check it out here.  The video there doesn't start off too crazy, but when you see the flooding instead of the hail, you'll see how serious it was.

Off to walk in the warm rain!  Adeu!


No comments: