I took a walk again this morning. This is becoming a Sunday thing for me. I like the walks for more reasons that just walking. I pray, I reflect, I sit and pray, I hum and/or sing a little, I take pictures, I enjoy the day. I found this tree today. It looks like nostrils. That's a weird English word, nostril. Some of my new favorite words in Catalan are "pebrot," "prefereixo," "cantonada," and "llegeix." Oh wait for the plurals "ulls" and "anys" are GREAT fun to say. Have me pronounce them some time for you.
I also met with Meredith (an American who has been here for 15 years, teaches English, married a Spaniard she met in Barcelona) and she's hooking me up with some work with kids- speaking native English while I play with them- doesn't sound like work, does it? We'll see what the English "work" turns into. I opened a bank account here so I hope to put Euros in it.
I've also been asked to be a linguistic volunteer to do an exchange with someone who wants to learn English better. I can choose the language of my choice to learn...I'm thinking French!

1 comment:
Don't choose French. I don't want you and Joey to say things together that I don't understand
Post a Comment