10.9.08

One exam done!

I finished my first exam in Spain (well, for this school year anyway) about an hour ago.

I think it was easy, or at least it seemed to be.  The exam covered everything we learned in the past 40 hours (since last Monday) in the intensive Catalan course.  The good news is I can communicate about lots of introductory level things and I know all the necessary words to get by if I need to fill out a form (vull).  

Tonight all the Erasmus and mobility (me) students are going out to celebrate the last day of Catalan class with a big huge dinner celebration and then ...out dancing, of course!

I met with my program coordinator yesterday- well, me and 40 other people.  Matriculation here is a pain.  In order to sign up for classes, you have to not only meet with your advisor and coordinator in America, but you have to come here, get a form, fill it out with the classes you want, then fill out a few more papers of process and seemingly endless paperwork, take the forms to the bank, pay a fee, take one copy back to the secretary who will give me another form but I can't turn that in until - get this - I go to the classes I think I want to attend (for at least 2 weeks) and when I decide that yes, indeed, I want to be in these classes- THEN I can turn in the paper and be officially enrolled in classes at UdL. 

They stress that you go to classes and try them out so that you don't pick the wrong ones that you can't handle, since undoing the paperwork is just as lengthy and seemingly endless as enrolling.

We'll see how it all goes.  I might attend some education classes, just to see how they go and not do the enrollment for them.  Anyone at anytime can come or go from class.  The professor will not ever know my name.  So they say.

No comments: